Lead Software Engineer (Java)
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Lead Software Engineer (Java) Job Type:
Permanent Job Location:
New York New York Job Description:
This Software Development/Engineer will lead a small team of developers focused on managing and growing the enterprise data platform. Leveraging his/her demonstrable understanding of database, ETL and Java technologies and leadership experience in the areas of software development, architecture and operations, he/she will guide the teams modernizing the data platform and extending its capabilities. The role requires design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of platform features, including collaboration with other technology teams.
- Work closely with business and technology partners on feature definition, platform roadmap, business case development, and overall direction of the enterprise data services platform.
- Ensure platform is operating efficiently and effectively
- Oversee and lead software development efforts
- Develop and monitor project plans, resource plans and budgets
- Provide guidance on routine to highly complex problems to team members
- Align to enterprise software development practices
- Coach and develop team members
- Experience leading development efforts through all phases of SDLC
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks and best practices
- Experience with Agile methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban
- Strong understanding of Java/JEE design patterns, packaging, and deployment is required including (Spring, Hibernate, Spring WS)
- Experience building service oriented architectures: SOAP, REST, Microservices, Cloud and API standards (Apache Camel, Apache CXF)
- Experience architecting enterprise data solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Technical leadership and mentoring skills to guide and act as SME
- Experience developing cost estimates and negotiating contracts with vendors
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields
- 7+ years of technical experience in software architecture and development
- 7+ years of design and development of high performance messaging and transaction processing systems experience in financial services
- Java EE experience
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to create practical, robust and scalable architectures and solutions meeting the business and technology goals/strategy of the organization
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, c c++, c++, develop, developer, java, matlab, programming, software developer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...