Accountemps is looking for an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk available to start immediately. The Accounting Clerk role offers an exciting opportunity to make an indispensable contribution to the success of International Construction Company. Based out of the New York, New York area, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a short-term temporary opening. In this dynamic department, there is an opportunity for career growth and quick advancement. The Accounts Payable Clerk tasks will consist of matching and batching code, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L, and processing checks.
How you will make an impact
- Verify, log and mail checks, including expediting special handling
- Provide internal and external audit assistance as required
- Open, sort, and distribute daily department mail
- Perform full-cycle A/P
- Sort, log, scan, and file invoices, checks, and other documents
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Provide customer service to internal business partners
- Provide administrative assistance to the AP/Finance Department
- Accurately execute daily processes and controls in a timely manner while ensuring company policies are followed
- Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune magazines list of World's Most Admired Companies since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.###.#### or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.