Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position is responsible for the dispatch function, coordinating with sales department, shipping, receiving, customer, delivery truck services and the logistics operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepare invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents * Plan effective delivery routes and assign drivers for scheduled deliveries * Work closely with customer service to understand the product availability and logistic issues of specific projects * Check and review all orders assigned before they are shipped against delivery tickets * Coordinate deliveries with company truck drivers and external trucking companies to ensure timely delivery of materials to customers * Work closely with independent truck drivers to ensure pick-up and delivery times, load weight compliance and secure loads * Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed * Schedule appointments for delivery with customers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
* High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent experience in related function * At least 1 year of related experience * Driving experience with CDL preferred but not required * Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook * Excellent mathematical and communication skills
* May require occasional lifting up to 25 lbs * Endure intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing and pulling
What CRH Americas Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay * Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs * Group retirement savings program * Health and wellness programs * A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019
Associated topics: cdl, cdl driver, logistics management, procure, procurement, truck, truck driver, van, warehouse, warehouse worker
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.