Program Management, Life Sciences - Senior Consultant
Compensation: $128,740.00 - $128,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Program Manager Life Sciences - Senior Consultant
Are you a talented professional that focuses on the planning, execution, and monitoring of project initiatives? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? Do you have several years of industry vertical depth in Life Sciences working for commercial clients? As a Project Management/Functional Manager, you help clients set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems. Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant you will bring strong and in-depth Functional and Project Management solutions to clients with a focus on projects related to custom software development with specific experience working in the life sciences industry vertical.
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
- Responsibilities include, among others, managing small teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Develop and maintain contact with decision makers at key clients; participate in some aspects of the proposal development process as needed.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice. Qualifications
Project Management Life Sciences Senior Consultants are required to have:
- 5+ years of relevant consulting and/or life sciences industry experience managing and delivering systems;
- Experience managing activities in a validated environment following strict protocols for and work and level of documentation for quality and regulated systems;
- Experience and familiarity with Health Care, Life Sciences and R & D terminology, standard industry applications and databases;
- Familiarity and experience with drug development life cycles and terminology;
- 3+ years planning and managing project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment;
- 3+ years of experience with Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint;
- 3+ years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the IBM Rational suite and HP Quality Center
- 3+ years of experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives
- A willingness to travel 80-100% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
How you'll grow
- Experience of projects involving solution development based on cloud (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), web or mobile application architecture
- Experience of leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com
- Experience or passion for participating in the testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience leading small teams in a collaborative environment
- Experience in work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting requirements
- Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes
- Experience with industry standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working also in Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, R & D, Clinical, Clinical Operations may also provide useful
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- An advanced degree in an area of specialization
- PMP certification is strongly preferred
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum is strongly preferred. Certification is a plus.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. - provided by Dice
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...