Business Analyst, Trade and Transaction
Compensation: $134,560.00 - $134,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
DescriptionThe GBM CDO function was initially established in July 2013 as part of a HSBC wide program to improve the management of data across the organization. As the function has continued to evolve, the team is looking to build out stronger relationships across the GBM Business Units and Functional teams.
The team has an existing structure that has been looking at \"foundation\" level CDO deliverables including:
- Data Quality including Data Quality Dashboard
- Data Quality Issue Management
- Critical Data Element (CDE) Management
- Metadata Management
- Data Sharing & Data Usage
In addition, the team has been engaged in or has been driving key regulatory programmes including DFA, BCBS, GDPR, CCAR and FRTB.
The broader COO organization has been building out a Data Analytics function to start driving tangible data benefits through Data Science capability. The team is in its infancy but has picked up discreet use cases with tangible Business benefits or risk reduction.
As this team continues to mature, the partnership with CDO and its stakeholder community will also grow - with a clear focus on the monetization of Data and viewing this as an \"asset\" of the organization.
The core objective of this new role is to build stronger relationships with the Global Markets Business unit. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to build relationships with key members of Global Markets, understanding their requirements, data challenges and identifying opportunities where CDO can support and partner with the teams.
The aim will be to show how we can support the delivery of either regulatory milestones or to use Data Analytics capabilities to deliver tangible benefits.
Core responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
Understanding appropriate regulatory initiatives impacting Global Markets
Supporting the Global Markets Data initiatives and Future State architecture programme
Work with the CDO teams to ensure Global Markets requirements are met in full
Partner with the Data Analytics team to identify opportunities to deliver benefits to the Global Markets
The US CDO Global Markets Analyst is based in New York but is part of a global team and will require engagement and partnership with teams across the US, HK and any other applicable HSBC entity
Impact on the Business
- Acts as a thought leader to define the data agenda for GBM, and constantly expanding the range of fields in which data, analytics and insight adds value to decision-making
- Drives the adoption of the GBM Data Operating Model, data projects and initiatives for GBM
- Provides informed and independent data-driven expertise and insight at the center of Global Markets
Customers / Stakeholders
- Anticipates future business needs and requirements and develops plans and proposals accordingly
- Influences the agenda of stakeholders based on own ideas and thought leadership
- Delivery of analytical solutions designed to improve business profitability
Facilitates root cause analysis, review, and resolution of cross line of business Data Quality Issues raised as part of business self-certification, audit, or external regulators
Leadership & Teamwork
- Drives the sharing of best practice across the Global Markets team, in terms of technical approaches, data governance and also general project management and documentation. In particular drives best practice into key priority markets
- Identify, understand and translate for GBM key emerging trends in analytics practice across financial services and other sectors
- Motivates and inspires the wider CDO team to achieve the Group strategy and business objectives
- Lives the Group Values
- Developing the profile and reputation of GBM CDO as a function globally. The role holder needs to be flexible to work effectively and successfully with key stakeholders across resources which report via disparate structures across geographies.
- Key characteristics of this role will be the ability to work closely with a demanding set of stakeholders, leveraging the component parts of the broader CDO team (regional / functional data leads), multiple project teams and Data producers/consumers to ensure the right prioritized problems are understood.
- This is a strategic engagement and coordination role, with a strong need to influence the shape and priority across the CDO
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Group Chief Data Officer, Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Significant responsibilities in relation to adherence to Information Security, data access, EUC and product governance FIMs and policies. Varying data protection frameworks must be adhered to across country analytics teams.
- The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- US location and initial focus but the role needs to ensure engagement with international colleagues
- Role is part of a wider global team who will work across the Global Markets organization
- Role is part of a wider CDO and COO organization who support GBM Business units
- Engagement across all GBM CDO regional teams (HK, US, EMEA/UK)
- GBM focus but engagement across HSBC Group DMO & Line of Business CDO teams where appropriate.
- Proven track record of delivery against core regulatory initiatives
- Experience with planning and execution of data controls and system adoption
- Previous experience within the data analytics domain
- Knowledge and experience of Data Management principals and their practical application
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build a collaborative and constructive partnership with relevant project teams and/or SMEs for content development.
- Good understanding of the Group and the GBM business, including products, services, systems and processes, also sales process and the relationship management model
- Good understanding of value generation in GBM, its economic model and strategy
Associated topics: analyst, business analytic, business finance, consult, financial reporting analyst, inspect, investment analyst, market, refinement, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...