VP Tax Investment management
Employment Type: Full-Time
Kforce's client, a global financial services firm in New York, NY is seeking a VP Tax Investment Management. The role requires a lawyer with 8 or more years of global tax consulting experience with real estate, private equity and/or credit funds, to provide tax oversight for the Firm sponsored investment funds. This firms offers fantastic benefits with opportunity for advancement!
Specific responsibilities would include:
- Taking a lead role in managing and coordinating the obtaining of tax advice from consultants and external advisors, and partnering with the Business Unit on tax matters relating to the funds and investments to ensure efficiency and alignment with the Firm's funds' risk profile
- Assisting with the development of tax-efficient structures for investment funds with U.S. and non-U.S. investments
- Regularly advising the Business unit in connection with, monitoring and managing tax risks and reviewing the structuring of existing products and investments
- Monitoring and coordinating tax sign-off, documentation of tax positions of investment structures and fund vehicles
- Advising the business units on guidelines for the tax structuring of investment acquisitions and dispositions
- Working closely with senior members of the Business unit in raising investor capital
- 8+ years of experience with thorough knowledge of taxation of private credit, private equity and real estate investments and funds
- Experience in international cross border transactions including liaising with international network of advisers
- Thorough knowledge of taxation of private credit, private equity and real estate investments and funds
- Strong background with U.S. rules as well as familiarity with various European and Asian tax systems, (including familiarity with OECD's BEPS initiative and related recent developments)
- Significant client responsibility within either big four accounting firm or law firm or experience within an asset management firm
- JD is required
- This candidate must have strong technical and analytical abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently
- The position requires skill in communicating with a global, diverse group of colleagues
- The candidate must have a high level of personal commitment and be self-motivated, innovative and flexible, a team player, and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- This position will require limited travel within and outside the United States
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Loading some great jobs for you...