Senior Product Designer
Compensation: $160,515.00 - $160,515.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
At MassMutual, we---re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual---s Customer Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Senior Product Designer to join our team. What great looks like in this role
Passionate designer, always looking for the most innovative solutions that delight and surprise our target users while always keeping their needs in mind.
A great communicator that becomes a trusted partner of product managers and business stakeholders with the ability to influence the product evolution as a user advocate. Technical enough to understand limitations and reasonable trade-offs with our development teams while not antagonizing. Able to work on a 2-3 different design problems at the same time while coming up with fresh ideas without sacrificing attention to detail
Great collaborator who thrives on feedback and respectfully critiques others work. Mentors junior members. Objectives of this role
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Develop engaging design solutions for different digital products
- Understand business objectives and how to balance with user needs
- Work closely with digital product, technology and QA to successfully deliver new content and functionality
Skills and qualifications
- Conducts competitor analysis using an established framework
- Identifies select analytics to base design optimization
- Develops design direction of medium size feature
- Develops design direction of medium size feature
- Mines existing data to develop user profiles/journeys with guidance
- Develops high-level design concepts
- Generates detailed designs with robust annotations
- Designs for different form factors, with focus on 1-2 platforms
- Contributes to pattern libraries
- Use data for design decision with guidance from more experienced designers
- Identifies testing needs for own design work and identifies optimal testing approach with support from in-house research team
- Minimum 4 years experience
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship
- Bachelor---s degree is required
- Exposed to a variety of design problems with deep knowledge in one type (e.g. workflow, ecommerce, account experience)
- Skilled in the creation of detailed wireframes, app maps, user & feature flows, and information architecture deliverables.
- People-focused design mentality. Constantly looking to hone design instinct through user feedback. Supports minimum viable product development process with rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
- Passionate for learning new software design technologies and trends.
- Ability to switch between sketching concepts, updating flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work.
- Experience contributing digital pattern libraries/style guides to communicate consistent, cross-platform design.
- Robust understanding of different platform design form factor
- Embraces change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
- Ability to estimate work and function independently with minimal oversight
- Incorporates many elements of storytelling. Can skillfully present work and articulate why recommended approach is the desired solution
- Leads portions of workshops that support the design development process with cross-disciplinary team members and business partners
- Identifies issues with technology and bring to the attention of design lead or team lead with recommended solutions
- Familiar with a variety of user methods; actively participated in 2-3 of the following:
- Exploratory research in the early stages of concept development to identify users--- needs, motivation and frustrations as well as comparable tools
- Heuristic analysis of digital experiences
- Concept validation to ensure design ideas are moving in the right direction with early testing
- Usability testing to make sure users are able to successfully accomplish their tasks with the proposed design
- A/B Testing to strategically identify optimization opportunities
Working at MassMutual
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: application architect, architecture, back end, c, c/c++, lead, maven, php, programming, senior software developer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...