Principal Security Architect
Compensation: $140,345.00 - $187,860.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Annapolis, MD (Maryland); Bethesda, MD (Maryland); Columbia, MD (Maryland); Dallas, TX (Texas); Glen Allen, VA (Virginia); Norfolk,VA (Virginia); Reston, VA (Virginia); Richmond, VA (Virginia); Roanoke, VA (Virginia); Timonium, MD (Maryland); Washington, D.C.
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses \"Be Good At Life.\" To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of .
The Infrastructure Security Architect provides leadership on security subject matter through design & delivery of infrastructure solution architectures and development of standards and reference architectures. By adding experience and extensive knowledge on multiple technologies and solutions to the team's collective skills and expertise to further enhance the ability to provide secure technical design recommendations targeting the delivery of business value through successful project and program delivery. The Infrastructure Security Architect position will participate in all functions related to Infrastructure Security Architecture, including infrastructure security strategy and roadmap planning, acting as a security liaison to the business and IT Infrastructure teams, and help facilitate demand management.
This role requires technical expertise in multiple disciplines within Infrastructure and Information Security, including: networking, virtualization, data loss prevention (DLP), vulnerability management, IPS/IDS, HIDS, cloud computing (AWS & Azure), databases, basic understanding of security and regulatory frameworks (NIST, ISO, HIPAA, etc.), exposure to security technologies (SIEM, User Behavior Analytics, etc.). In addition to a strong technical skill set, the role will require mentorship, design guidance, and consultation to drive change and support the evolution of the NYL Technology Security Program. As a knowledge leader on the Technology Security Team, the incumbent is expected to remain engaged with and support other leaders across NYL Business and Information Technology to ensure the timely delivery of security and business solutions.
- Actively lead the creation and updating of standards and reference architectures. These reference architectures will provide direction and guidance on proper compliance with defined standards while ensuring NYL is deploying secure infrastructure solutions.
- Responsible for leading infrastructure assessments, making decisions on threat modeling and proper security service design and implementation.
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional peers outside of Information Technology, including second-line Risk, Enterprise Risk Management, Third Party Risk Management, Procurement, and business unit leadership.
- Drive objectivity and build consensus among internal and external stakeholders with widely divergent perspectives and motivators.
- Interact with industry peers from other financial institutions, research organizations, solution providers, etc.
- Lead the planning/remediation of assessment, audit, and risk findings.
- Participate in and contribute to key projects and initiatives across the enterprise as well as groups including but not limited to: Architecture Review Board, Security Review Board, and change review boards.
- Prepare reports for senior management including presentations, metrics, and other documentation required to communicate status and maturity of the NYL Technology Security Program.
- Participate in the development of the security roadmap and communicate the Technology Security vision to business partners and IT staff.
- Act as an advocate for security and lead efforts to promote security awareness at all levels of the organizations.
- Monitor and enhance secure architecture standards within the TDLC process and Security Review Boards.
- Identify and establish core architectural principles to enhance the security of services and solutions being delivered.
- Support larger architectural projects while leading internal projects.
- Provide consultation on secure infrastructure design.
- This role will influence and regularly collaborate with various peers via steering committees, standards and policy teams that influence the creation and maturing of NYL security policies, standards, and reference architectures.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: . - provided by Dice
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...