Employment Type: Full-Time
Midtown financial firm is seeking a mid-level Network Engineer to join a growing dynamic Infrastructure team. This is an opportunity to be mentored by one of the best Network Engineers in town!
You are expected to have the ability to communicate clearly with business leaders, colleagues and end users.
You will be available to work non-standard hours in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Lastly, you will expect to do some required domestic and international travel.
It is important that you have strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills. You will have working experience and familiarity with the following processes and technologies.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all hardware and software components related to the firm's network operations, including system performance and availability.
- See tasks through to successful completion.
- Troubleshoot, configure & monitor firewalls, routers, etc.
- Use and support established Network enterprise monitoring and management tools to diagnose and identify issues with existing network components.
- Interact effectively with other IT groups in order to effectively troubleshoot the network.
- Isolate and resolve network related service problems, diagnose and correct problems resulting from component failure or normal use of the network.
- Participate in testing disaster recovery plans
- Working technical knowledge of networking vendor equipment: Cisco, Juniper, Arista
- Working technical knowledge of system software: Linux OS fundamentals, Bash scripting
- Working technical knowledge of protocols and standards: Dynamic Routing, Layer 2 & Layer 4
- Working familiarity of either Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS networking
- Follow network policies, procedures and associated appropriate use.
- Interact with vendors, outsources and contractors.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 3-5 years of Network Engineering experience.
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Working knowledge, experience, with the following: Linux, Bash, Nginx or Apache2 web servers, Wireshark, TCPDump, SystemD
- Working knowledge, experience with the following technologies: TCP/IP protocol and services, Cisco IOS, Ethernet and Fiber Channel Switching, EIGRP, GRE, RADIUS, WCCP, SNMP, VPN Technologies, OSPF,
- Knowledge and experience with Perl/Python scripting is a bonus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly desired certifications include: JNCIA , JNCIS , CCNA, CCNP,
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: antenna, cable technician, electrical engineer, hardware, lan, opnet, osp, radio, technical, wan
Loading some great jobs for you...