Lead Software Engineer
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Client seeks self-motivated, technically-hands on Lead Engineer to work on a consumer facing digital news product. Candidates needs to be based local only
As a member of the entrepreneurial team for this web and mobile app product being incubated at HQ, you will work with senior technology, strategy, design, marketing, engineering and editorial staff members to launch the product, develop new features, align technology vendors, and own the overall delivery and success of the product.
We are looking for people who are creative, crave ownership, enjoy solving hard problems and have the initiative to experiment with new technologies. You should be passionate about customer experience and be capable of translating big picture insights into detailed technical deliverables. You are a dynamic team player with a flexibility of mind and a commitment to delivering excellence. You will introduce new ideas and challenge the status quo while being able to maintain a collaborative environment.
- Leading an agile software team, you will design, implement, and maintain our web applications in a highly collaborative environment.
- Provide technical vision, direction and prioritization for the team.
- Continuously innovate and strategize on making our applications faster and more resilient.
- Discover, research, select, configure and deploy new technologies
- Develop and manage technology roadmaps
- Analyze complex problems, create reports and generate potential solutions for software, systems and processes.
- Work closely with product, design, and engineering to deliver on product objectives.
- Continually communicate with team members and stakeholders, including clarifying vision, changes in the marketplace, deliverables, timelines, etc.
- Being able to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage in hands on development work to build web applications and augment delivery teams.
- Anticipate challenges and work with team to develop solutions
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor s degree, or the equivalent, in a specific specialty such as Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 total years experience in Software Engineering
- 2 years as a web application engineer on high performance, high availability systems
- Direct experience with deploying production systems in AWS or other cloud environment
- Experience developing using Agile Methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communicator orally and in writing
- Proven ability to analyze, decompose and estimate effort associated with various technical solutions
- Design and architecture for complex systems
- Software development background
- Expert knowledge of modern technologies
- Working knowledge of web based technologies with a combination of the following: Node.js, React, PHP, JSON, NoSQL, SQL
Preferred Additional Skills and Experience
- Work experience on consumer-facing WordPress based web applications
- Fluency in Node.js and PHP
- Advanced CSS knowledge Grid, Flexbox, etc.
- Exposure to VIP GO, AWS or other cloud or container based application deployment a plus
- Experience with NoSQL S3, Redis, Memcached, BigQuery, ElastiCache, ORM
- Knowledge of ES6
- Knowledge of basic design and UX principles
Please share your updated resume to this mail ...@sohosquaresolutions.com
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: backend, back end, develop, developer, devops, programming, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...