Linux Systems Engineer
Compensation: $115,490.00 - $170,130.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
New York City, NYDescription:
- Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of infrastructure and applications
- Work directly with Quant, Application Development, and Infrastructure Engineering teams to understand and meet their needs
- Ensure required performance through hardware and OS tuning
- Develop APIs and automations for infrastructure delivery, maintenance, and visibility
- Work with technology vendors to evaluate new technologies and support systems.
- Work with our 24/7 Operations team to provide support for the system on an on-call rotational basis.
- Forecast demand and plan for capacity
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Deep experience with Linux OS internals and system performance analysis, tuning, and troubleshooting including network, system, and hardware optimization for low latency.
- Strong development experience in a modern programming language (e.g. Python, Go)
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure provisioning/management tools (e.g. Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Puppet)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Experience with server hardware specifically HP, Dell, and UCS
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...