Beech-Nut Nutrition Corporation in Amsterdam is seeking a full time Instrumentation/Controls Technician. The Instrumentation Controls Technician requires a high level of hands-on knowledge of manufacturing equipment, practices, machine maintenance, instrumentation, troubleshooting, repair, and root cause diagnostic skills; also includes automation systems and process control systems. Multiple technologies are used throughout the facility but extensive controls knowledge is required with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell as the predominant control platforms for hardware and software. Will also be required to provide instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of machines and systems. Position is located at the Amsterdam, New York LEED certified production facility. Shift work, on call and weekends may be required. Position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime.
1. Support the software and hardware aspects of electrical/electronic requirements of a high speed manufacturing environment. This includes process instrumentation, computer network, PLCs, motor control, HMIs, Variable Frequency Drives, Servo systems and distribute networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet and DeviceNet.
2. Ability to understand and calibrate instrumentation such as flow meters, temperature transmitters, weigh scales, level sensors, RTD's, pressure transmitters, conductivity transmitters etc.
3. Conduct searches of new technologies, processes, equipment and materials to enhance product quality, plant safety and operational efficiency.
4. Assist in establishing training programs for plant electrical and mechanical specialists.
5. Assist on teams and in the development of work instructions for equipment operations.
6. Responsible for performing the necessary troubleshooting, testing, and repair maintenance on hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical & electronic control systems and instrumentation along with ensuring safe operations.
7. Make/perform timely inspections of all equipment/assets in the facility.
8. Testing/troubleshooting/root cause analysis of all systems.
9. Handle implementation of design changes and maintenance activities in support of quality systems.
10. Create accurate, complete and relevant PM and PdM maintenance schedules in the plant CMMS system. Complete preventative maintenance to all facility equipment as required.
11. Program modifications and perform instrumentation calibration.
12. Interpretation and understanding of electrical drawings.
13. Knowledge of AutoCAD and ability to create electrical drawings.
14. Recommends changes in methods and procedures, always work with continuous improvement in mind.
15. Capable of design and selection of electrical hardware systems. Respond to work orders/calls in a timely and courteous manner.
See website for complete listing of responsibilities.
*Associates degree in related field with 3+ years' experience working in an industrial controls environment OR
* Bachelor's degree in related field with experience working in an industrial controls environment.
* Understanding of controls architecture and controls networking (ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet)
* General knowledge of design, specification and implementation of software and/or hardware systems.
* Understanding and experience in industrial electrical control systems, servos, inverters, machine and systems architecture and troubleshooting of equipment.
* General understanding and experience for applicable NFPA, NEC, ANSI and GMP standards. Ex: NFPA 79, NFPA 70
* CPG experience preferred.
* Skills in Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Conceptual and practical Lean knowledge preferred.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://www.beechnut.com/contact