Senior Strategic Finance Analyst - FP&A - New York
Compensation: $139,870.00 - $139,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
We are seeking a Senior FP&A analyst to join the Strategic Finance team. Our team leads the Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Partnering, Financing, and Investor Relations functions, and works closely with the Executive team during strategic planning. In this highly visible role, you will own the FP&A function and need to have exceptional quantitative skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work with stakeholders across the business from junior employees to executive management.
Your work will provide our management team and investors with insights into our financial performance and will enable us to identify opportunities for accelerating growth and allocate investment efficiently.
Already in 2019, the Strategic Finance team led the company in raising $76M in Series D funding and completed a strategic acquisition of Design Manager, a workflow management tool for interior designers. These are just two examples of the many kinds of opportunities afforded to analysts to work beyond their usual department roles.
What you''ll do
Forecasting, Budgeting, & Reporting
- Lead the monthly and quarterly financial reporting process to identify key trends and variance to budgeted performance
- Own budgeting and forecasting processes and analyses involving frequent interactions with executives and business unit owners. Assist in developing the company s annual budget at a department and strategic initiative level
- Assess accuracy and predictability of existing financial models
- Develop long-term forecasting models for the company
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to the company s executives and external partners including the Board of Directors and other investors
Business & Strategic Analysis
- Build scenario models to evaluate and prioritize new strategic options. Understand returns profiles of existing projects
- Collaborate with partners across the company and act as a financial thought leader to the business
- Ensure we are scaling efficiently and make recommendations for continuous operational improvement
- Complete ad hoc projects to support business decisions, enhance internal analytics, and streamline processes
What you''ll bring
- 3+ years of experience working in an FP&A, investment banking, or consulting role
- Bachelor s degree, preferably with a finance or other business major
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to go deep into the details, then compile key information for business stakeholders
- Capacity to work across departments and interact with employees who range from the junior level to the executive level
- Ability to state ideas clearly and concisely, and to be able to admit a mistake
- Comfort with ambiguity, and desire to improve processes and build business decision frameworks
- Familiarity with and passion for e-commerce, marketplaces, furniture, and design a plus
- Experience with Looker, Google Analytics, and/or SQL a plus
1stdibs is the world s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world''s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Associated topics: analysis, business intelligence, business systems analyst, consult, examiner, financial reporting analyst, investment banking, law, market, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...