Strategic Finance Analyst - Demand
Compensation: $119,825.00 - $169,860.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are looking for a Strategic Finance Analyst to join our Finance team and work cross-functionally to support the demand side of our marketplace (including our Marketing and Trade departments). This role will be pivotal in allowing us to maximize our investments in two key, growth-driving areas of our growing business.
Our Marketing department is diverse in its channel mix, and includes a large digital media budget, brand marketing, events, catalog, creative, and editorial. Our Trade department includes a team of sales, service, and procurement employees who work to encourage interior designers and architects (collectively referred to as the trade ) to make purchases on the
Given the size of the teams and budgets involved, this is a high-profile and demanding role that requires independent and analytical thought.
What you ll do
Guide Business Decisions
- Analyze efficiency of marketing spend across multiple channels, including paid media and promotional discounts
- Develop frameworks and key performance indicators to ensure we are scaling responsibly: both fueling high growth and making sound financial decisions
- Help gain alignment between interdependent teams within our increasingly complex business
- Review customer cohort performance of both consumer and Trade buyers
- Support our bi-annual strategic planning process by assessing the potential impact of new business opportunities
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Work with the Finance Manager to build budgets and forecasts related to the Sales & Marketing organization, including top-line growth targets, headcount expense, and marketing spend
- Partner with sales and marketing team leadership and collaborate across departments to help manage marketing requests
- Act as a business partner to various stakeholders to understand their needs and provide an on-going financial point of view
- Maintain a comprehensive P&L for the Trade organization to provide a full view of its economics
- Collaborate with Finance team colleagues and business leaders to produce monthly and quarterly financial performance reviews for the Executive team
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors and investors
- Aid in regular operational reporting of sales team effectiveness and marketing channel performance
What you will bring
- 3+ years of experience working in an FP&A role, Marketing or Sales -related work a major plus. Previous experience in e-commerce, investment banking, or consulting also a plus
- Bachelor s degree, preferably with a finance or other business major
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to go deep into the details, then compile key information for business stakeholders
- Capacity to work across departments and interact with employees who range from the junior level to the executive level
- Ability to state ideas clearly and concisely, and to be able to admit a mistake
- Comfort with ambiguity, and desire to improve processes and build business decision frameworks
- Familiarity with and passion for e-commerce, marketplaces, furniture, and design a plus
- Experience with Looker, Google Analytics, and/or SQL a plus
1stdibs is the world s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world''s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
?1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Associated topics: analysis, analyze, consult, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, inspect, investment analytics, legal, strategy, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...