Director Of Business Development - New York
Compensation: $195,035.00 - $195,035.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
A lover of great design?
A user of the latest technology?
Knowledgeable about product development challenges in Automotive, Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industrial Manufacturing, FinTech, AdTech, MarTech, Consumer Electronics or IoT?
Consider this: An established profitable company with a 10+ year track record of growth standing behind you. Large enough to have the right resources to support your customers. Entrepreneurial and nimble enough to appreciate your creativity with a team of well-integrated designers and engineers capable of creating amazing products.
If you have experience selling technology or product consulting services and are seeking a degree of autonomy not available in large companies; if you would like to run your own show, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Are an up-to-date technology enthusiast that can empathize with the product development challenges that startups and innovation-driven corporations in the software and hardware spaces are facing.
You ideally have:
- 5+ years of sales/business development experience. Some of your sales experience must be in selling design, engineering or consulting services
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process from lead generation, to closing deals and developing client relationships
- Proven ability to close deals and meet quota targets
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Nice to have:
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with passion for latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network
- Generate leads from industry and networking events and work with our marketing team to ensure the appropriate field support
- Nurture your leads, whether they originate from your efforts, referrals, marketing programs, or our inside sales team
- Identify and prioritize opportunities, and collaborate with our pre-sales team to define and close deals
- Manage client relationships, and work closely with project managers to ensure satisfaction
- Own your sales funnel, ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become deals and repeat customers
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, networking, speaking engagements, or social outings
- Identify specific sales opportunities with existing and prospective clients. Work with client support teams to determine requirements and specifications, build client value proposition, and shape and close the deal
- Manage and develop client relationships. Work closely with project managers to ensure service delivery is satisfactory, explore new business opportunities within the account, and maintain project profitability targets
Base from $150-175k with total on target earnings of $250k at plan
Associated topics: analyst, b2c, b2e, business growth, business management, franchise operator, strategy, territory manager, transaction, wholesale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...