ICU Registered Nurse - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
* Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
* Award winning facility and departments including "Great Place to Work" by Becker's Hospital Review and Gallup.
* Work with the latest technology and top experts including "Daisy Award" recipients while on the way to Magnet status-2020.
* Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
* Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
* Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates a comprehensive plan of care through a multidisciplinary care team process in conjunction with the patient/family in internal and external settings.
* Comprehensively assess patients' goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and discharge planning needs by procuring services through hospital resources.
* Contacts other key members of the team as needed.
* Seeks peer consultation regarding cases that present problems/significant variances.
* Acts as a liaison to post-hospital care providers and community health resources.
* Manages each patient transition through the system and transfers accountability to the appropriate person/agency upon discharge from unit and/or from hospital.
* In group practice modality, consistently and constructively attends meetings of the practice group and participates in regular peer review.
* Recognizes and identifies life threatening situations, responding with immediate action according to protocol/policy with no unjustified documented variances.
* Utilizes management skills and positive leadership to promote continuity, supervise, evaluate and review patient care activities on the unit during assigned shift to ensure delivery of quality care and maintenance of standards of the nursing department.
* Provides constructive criticism and helpful instruction to staff when necessary to facilitate productivity and quality of service on a consistent basis as observed by Charge Nurse and/or Manager.
* Provides a leadership style that reflects the policies and procedures of the department and the hospital.
* Assesses productivity of self and acts as appropriate to decrease overtime and keep within monthly budget as reflected in monthly P&L and staffing analysis and observation of Director and/or Charge Nurse.
What You Will Need:
* Completion of an Associate Degree, Diploma, Baccalaureate, or Masters Degree program in Nursing.
* Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas, or in a qualifying compact state.
* Achieves and maintains appropriate certification for assigned unit within first six months of employment.
* ACLS must be obtained within 90 days
* Skill in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care as acquired through clinical nursing experience in an acute care/long term care facility in past three (3) years preferred.
* In specialty areas, at least six months of experience in field preferred.
* Certification in specialty preferred.
The Staff RN coordinates the care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness; promotes effective utilization of and monitors health care resources; and provides input and information to the interdisciplinary team via the Charge Nurse to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes. The Staff RN will adhere to and follow the goals, philosophy, policies, standards and guidelines of Texas Health Huguley.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.