1. Technical Writing Experience
2. Experience working on EW/NAVY Programs OR some other Defense related Programs.
3. Proficiency with S1000D, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and/or Vizio, Adobe Acrobat
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Authors and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, troubleshooting, repair, configuration, and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
*Additional Skills & Qualifications
Qualification: Six (6) years technical writing experience in programs and contracts of a similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
Two (2) years or more experience operating and troubleshooting and repairing analog and digital electronics systems to the circuit-card level of repair is preferred.
- Under general direction, responsible for independently writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Applies concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produces defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of
DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interprets engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures and to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
-Researches highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Proficiency with S1000D technical manual creation using XML and HTML and tools necessary for editing both.
- Basic user proficiency with Adobe Photoshop (or comparable raster editing tool), Adobe Illustrator, and/or Vizio
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro or Nuance Power PDF Advanced
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...