Executive Director, Transformation Marketing Primary Location:
Wellesley, MAAdditional Locations:
CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, NY-New York Apply Description:
The Executive Director, Transformation Marketing, focuses on launching new products and strategies that revolutionize the health care landscape and enhance/replace current offerings for Aetna and Caremark, as well as payor agnostic solutions. The team develops integrated marketing plans, sales and member engagement assets working with key business stakeholders and distribution channels, including HealthHUBs. Additionally, this role oversees marketing for Aetnas care management platform and businesses within the transformation portfolio. In total, this role is overseeing strategy and launches for at least eight businesses committed to deliver multiple billions in margin within five years. Fundamental Components:
The Executive Director, Transformation Marketing will support our EVP Transformation & Provider Services within our transformation business. This position will develop and lead the overall marketing strategy for the enterprise-critical Transformation organization with a major corporate mandate to define the future state of care delivery. This work will require a strategic thinker with significant executive presence, and the ability to work through multiple layers of an organization to execute on marketing strategies, once developed. This Marketing leader will help facilitate a standing annual plan to achieve revenue on existing businesses including supporting additional value with existing products and services sold into the Aetna business unit and payer agnostically to other health plans, government entities, and employer groups. This person will also be a key leader to support the delivery and go to market support for the full transformation portfolio with the goal of achieving 850M additional enterprise value in 2022. This role will also support the new SVP Consumer Products which will deliver new direct to consumer products into the market beginning in 2020.
This is an internal client-facing role leading consultative work with the leaders of the emerging product businesses within CVS Health Transformation to define the target customers, segmentation, value proposition, packaging/naming and marketing strategies, and then lead the design and go-to-market for launches and for continuous evolution of our offerings. Part of the focus will be on new Enterprise-level offerings to be sold agnostically to payor plans, including Aetna, but also others.
The Executive Director of Transformation Marketing will need to partner with EVP/VP-level leaders in the Transformation business unit, and with colleagues across the enterprise, including those in the Marketing groups of each of CVS Healths lines of business. Additionally, s/he will need to partner with marketing centers of excellence, analytics, and salesforces in order to maximize the power of our enterprise capability to build, sell, and optimize these offerings. This position requires a seasoned individual who brings strategic thinking to the top of the product business unit leadership table, and experience leading complex, cross-functional teams. This role is ideal for a dynamic marketer with a proven track record of thinking big and pushing boundaries to deliver business results. Background Experience:
- 15+ years of marketing experience with 10+ years of experience within the healthcare marketing industry
- Strong strategic, critical thinking, and conceptual abilities; ability to lead strategic planning discussions
- Ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization. Negotiating, influencing, and change management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including listening and ability to explain complex ideas and technologies, and writing and presenting formal presentations.
Additional Job Information: Key Responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively through various department and functions. Promotes a culture of proactive teamwork.
- Experience managing both cross functional/matrix teams and teams of direct reports.
- Experience in program management and vendor management - Ability to coordinate activities, collectively set strategies and monitor progress
- Bachelors degree, MBA or related masters degree desired
- Leads a team of 6-8 direct reports and an organization of ~20 FTEs, expanding over time by an additional ~7-8 FTEs.
- Sets the marketing strategy, value propositions, branding, roadmap and product deployment
- Develops and executes integrated marketing launch plans and assets for 8+ businesses.
- Partner with marketing leads in Caremark and Aetna to develop core materials that can be rapidly customized and deployed
- Partner with marketing centers of excellence, analytics, and salesforces in order to maximize the power of our enterprise capability to build, sell, and optimize these offerings
- Leads and develops an effective, client-aligned marketing team that articulates, packages, and helps deliver a compelling story to drive successful market awareness, lead generation, member/customer engagement, and where appropriate, acquisition and retention.
- Partners with our in-house agency and various sales organizations to define the value story and develop effective product collateral, presentations, customer case studies and digital content.
- Working with our marketing analytics team, develops convincing proof points that bring value to our members and differentiates us for our customers, employers and plan sponsors
- Leads development of appropriate, segmented value story assets for Sales Support to then customize for their sales strategies
- Provides insights back to relevant Product, Network, Care Management, and Digital leads
- Works with Analytics to build proof points of value story for use in pitches
- Drives the design and choreography of marketing campaigns to meet business objectives by understanding and aligning to the business strategy and goals
- Responsible for coordination with local market activation team
- Recognizes opportunities for acquisition and retention and drives results
- Integrates data and analytics about what customers are doing and why they are doing it
- Understands todays evolving health landscape, especially payor models
- Highly communicative team player who drives cohesion and integration across stakeholder functions
- Possesses client mentality.
- Thinks creatively & strategically to shape appropriate content & select delivery channels
- Understands the technical aspects of digital tools to develop consistent omni-channel experiences with relevant and valuable content
- Develops metrics to understand the success of campaigns in real time
- Partners with analytics to develop segmentation and targeting strategies based on insights and data to drive consumer behavior
- Marketing Campaigns deliver meaningful experiences for consumers and brand promises
- Maintains brand integrity and ensures the consumer experience aligns to Aetnas brand strategy
- Skilled in all digital channels; deep appreciation and understanding of marketing technology and digital analytics
- Data- and results-driven marketer; expert in direct to consumer (DTC) or business to business to consumer (B2B2C) best practices in both digital and traditional direct channels
- Maintain effective relationships across the enterprise to bring strategic value to our clients.
- Foster best-practice sharing across sales, marketing, communications, analytics, and data science.
- Act as a thought leader and a key contributor to the professional development of our marketing team.
General Business - Consulting for Solutions, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy Functional Skills:
Marketing - Management: < 25 employees, Marketing - Strategy development Technology Experience:
Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position:
Yes Percent of Travel Required:
10 - 25% EEO Statement:
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility:
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Click To Review Our Benefits (PDF)
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Aetna is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Aetna group of subsidiary companies, including Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna) and its affiliates.
Associated topics: ceo, chief executive, corporate development, evp, executive, front office, manager iii, manager iv, regional manager, state president