Loading some great jobs for you...
Location : New York,NewYork,UnitedStates
Category : Products - Business types
Work experience requirement : 8+ Years
Educational Requirement : Bachelor
1. Alibaba.com, the original business within Alibaba Group, is the largest B2B marketplace in the world
a) It connects 60 million buyers and suppliers in 190 countries and regions across 40 major product categories.
b) Its one of the worlds top 3 most-visited business websites
2. Our NYC-based team is rapidly globalizing Alibaba.com, growing it for and among global customers (with an initial emphasis on North American customers), and leading it to triple-digit growth
3. We are expanding our products and services to help small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) operate more efficiently, grow more rapidly, and empower their local communities
4. Our team is diverse, collaborative, bold, and innovating in a $23.9 trillion global B2B market.
As our Director of Product, you'll help us define and deliver the next generation of Alibaba.coms International B2B solution. Youll be part of a small, cross-functional squad of practice leaders who leverage local user research, design thinking, and strategic innovation to collaborate with an international engineering, product, and operations teams in China. Together were reimagining Alibaba.coms products and services to meet the needs of millions of SMEs around the world.
This position is perfect for a results-oriented product leader who has a deep interest in understanding and serving Alibaba.coms millions of users. You'll work directly with the President of North America B2B and other senior executives on the development and execution of core Alibaba B2B initiatives. Youll be a strategic voice within an expanding organization, with significant growth potential.
1. Understand and synthesize complex international B2B processes, distill them into clear objectives, and deliver data-informed solutions that improve our users lives while driving our business objectives.
2. Define and manage the product strategy and roadmap, communicate goals and implementation plans, elicit useful feedback, and coordinate an international product development organization (primarily based in Hangzhou, China) to manage the development and delivery of our products.
3. Measure, analyze, and own critical metrics including behavioral and performance data and other KPIs.
4. Staff, mentor, and lead a small team of product managers to achieve the team's business goals and improve their own performance.
5. Contribute to an entrepreneurial, scrappy culture; create enthusiasm and engender trust via strategic clarity, exemplary performance, and a relentless focus on delivering significant results.
1. 8+ years of professional experience, including ownership of a B2B product roadmap that includes complicated use cases such as finance, project management, or logistics.
2. Prior experience using quantitative data to define business strategies and evaluate program performance.
3. Demonstrated empathy and respect for end users, derived from a mature customer discovery and validation practice.
4. A proactive, ambitious mindset that chases measurable goals and solves problems. Comfort making decisions with incomplete information, the grit to persevere through failures, and the confidence to share your mistakes.
5. A track record of successful team leadership and management, preferably as a founder or executive within a startup.
6. A bias towards collaboration and trust, including excellent communication skills, comfort with hard conversations, and willingness to engage with conflicting opinions.
7. Ability to occasionally travel internationally for face-to-face meetings and presentations, including a valid passport and travel visa eligibility (well handle the paperwork for your visa, but you must be eligible for travel to China).
8. Top MBA or equivalent work experience preferred; bonus points for Mandarin language skills.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...