* LPN Contingent to Perm Licensed Practical Nurse Doctors Office
American Medical Personnel Services
: $47,670.00 - $62,050.00 /year *
: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
A Multi-Specialty Health Care Practice is seeking to expand its services and needs to add LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE to its team immediately.
* COMPENSATION is $20.00 to $24.00 per hour BOE.
* LOCATED in the center of New York State, the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), low crime and great schools.
* WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Forty (40) hour work week with ahalf hour(30)minutes lunch break.
* LICENSE and EDUCATION Current CPR, NY LPN license. Graduate of an accredited LPN program. High school diploma or equivalent. Previous medical office experience required; preferably a primary care practice.
* JOB DESCRIPTION: * Must have venipuncture experience. (Minimum of 160-200 human draws) * Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patient. * Prepare patients emotionally and physically for examination. * Interview patient and properly record information in the patients charts. * Measure vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height and record the results. * Utilize experience and ability to administer injections & vaccines. * Perform throat cultures and respiratory/asthma treatments. * Competently perform phone triage. * Call in prescriptions. * Inventory and order medical supplies and materials. * Have a working knowledge of medical terms and how they relate to the anatomy of the body. * Be able to perform routine tests (predominantly urinalysis). * Clean and sterilize equipment and instruments. * Be able to prepare a patient's chart and have a working knowledge of the legal do's and dont's in charting patient information. * Perform asepsis procedures in applying bandage and tape to minor wounds. * Have a working knowledge of OSHA Rules and Regulations concerning Universal Precautions. Be able to perform proper procedures to protect against transmitting or contracting diseases. * Be aware of Patients Rights, HIPAA, Hazcom Procedures, and National Patient Safety Goals (JCAHO).
Associated topics: lead, licensed practical nurse, lvn lpn, med, med surg, mtp, pediatrics, practical, practical nurse, vocational nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.