Job SummaryResponsible for ensuringthe safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies.
* Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
* Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
* Complete records and reports.
* Participate in regular in-service training.
* Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength and endurance).
* Complete additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.Minimum Job Requirements:
* Current certification in the following:
* American Red Cross Lifeguardand First Aid
* American Red Cross Shallow Water Attendant and First Aid (water less than 5 feet)
* American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguardand First Aid for non-surf open-water positions.
* American Red Cross Water park Lifeguard and First Aid for water park environments and multi-attraction facility positions
* American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
* Other certifications required by local or state lawsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Through knowledge and application of lifeguardsurveillance and rescue techniques.
* An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures.
* Leadership and public relations skills.
* Decision-making skills
Associated topics: activity, aquatics, director, fws, lake, lakefront, neighborhood, school, site, spring