Director, On-Site Operations & Customer Success, NYC DOC
Compensation: $132,420.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
APDS has partnered with the NYC Department of Corrections to provide tablet-based programming in the areas of education, rehabilitation, workforce training and re-entry. APDS provides a digital platform with content delivered to secure tablets to be used by each inmate during their stay at Rikers Island.
APDS is looking for an individual to act as a program director with the staff and leadership at NYC DOC to oversee the operations and success of the multi-faceted, tablet-education and rehabilitation program. This individual will oversee all of the APDS activities related to this project including: technical support for tablets, tablet distribution and management, content program rollout and best practice implementation, and program success analysis through APDS's data. This individual will be the escalation point for the project and manage communications at all levels of the NYC DOC from Correctional Officers and program counselors up to the Commissioner. This role reports to the VP, Operations, and has direct reports.
Location: New York City, primarily on site at Rikers Island and occasionally in APDS offices in Manhattan for meetings
12 Month Role Outcomes
- Create and fulfill detailed project plans for tablet configuration and set up, tablet deployment, and ongoing enhancements to the program
- Train fully DOC staff in content on the tablet so that they understand and can execute their day-to-day responsibilities effectively
- DOC stakeholders (incl: Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioners, facility leads, program staff, educational staff, counselors) consider the tablet program a valuable success in their quarterly reviews in advancing quality programming services delivered to detainees
- DOC staff are trained on the APDS data portal and use data provided by APDS as part of their standard practice in improving programming progress and outcomes with detainees
- NYC renews APDS's contract for the platform and services for FY2021
- Oversee the APDS and Rikers staff to deploy & replace tablets on-site, help users manage the tablets, and troubleshoot issues to resolution
- Manage tablet deployment schedule as well as the schedule for visiting inmate housing units by APDS staff on Rikers Island
- Manage the fleet of inventory (tablets), by ensuring adherence to daily tablet distribution procedures and protocols to support the NYC DOC Corrections Officers and Program Officers
- Escalate APDS tablet and programming issues for all Rikers-related issues
- Train DOC staff and instructors on how to use APDS' platform and services and engage end-users
- Monitor end-user data usage in order to report back to the NYC DOC with quantitative data and data summary
- Provide quarterly business reviews to NYC DOC stakeholders on the status of the account
- 6+ years in program/project management, successfully managing complex operations and customer-facing initiatives
- 3+ years as a manager with a track record of developing junior talent
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead across lines of difference and to communicate effectively, written and verbal, with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous projects and issues through to successful, on-time completion
- General understanding of technology-based educational programs and comfort with mobile technology. Technologies utilized by this role include: Salesforce, Airwatch, MS Excel, learning management systems, and APDS-developed cloud-based software
- Fast learner, self-starter with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness to operate in correctional environments with incarcerated individuals and correctional staff, and alignment with the APDS mission and strong belief in the power of rehabilitation.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, administrative officer, asso, beverage, document, facilities, front office, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...