Service Coordinator for PA Community HealthChoices requiring Bachelors Degree orin lieu of a Bachelor s degree have at least three or more years experience in a social service or healthcare related setting
Your career starts now. We re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The CHC Service Coordinator assists participants who need LTSS in obtaining the services they need as required by CHC. He or she contributes to the LTSS care coordination process by performing telephonic and/or face-to-face assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of participant s needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead the participant-centered planning and service (PCPS) delivery process and oversee its implementation.
- Identify, coordinate, and assist participants in gaining access to needed LTSS services and other Covered Services, as well as non-covered medical, social, housing, educational, and other services and supports.
- Provides information to participants and facilitates access to, locating, coordinating, and monitoring needed services and supports for Participants.
- Informs participants about available LTSS required needs assessments, the PCSP process, service alternatives and service delivery options.
- Informs participants of their rights and assists with the complaint, grievance, and DHS Fair Hearing.
- Collects additional necessary information, including participant preferences, strengths, and goals to inform the development of the PCSP.
- Conducts reevaluation of level of care annually or more frequently as needed in accordance with CHC requirements.
- Works with the participant to complete activities necessary to maintain LTSS eligibility
- Bachelor s Degree in social work, psychology or other related fields. OR in lieu of a Bachelor s degree have at least three (3) or more years experience in a social service or healthcare related setting
- Experience working in social service or health care related field.
- Valid driver s license required.
- Experience working with people with disabilities or seniors in need of LTSS.
- Knowledge of the home and community-based service system and how to access and arrange for services.
- Experience conducting LTSS needs assessments and monitoring LTSS delivery.
- Cultural competency and the ability to provide informed advocacy.
- Ability to interact with health care professionals in a professional manner.
- Ability to travel locally, in the assigned community, up to 75%.