Please send resume in to for immediate consideration in the following Sr. Network Administrator position in NYC (zip code 10278/Tribeca area). This is slated to be a 10 month contract with an hourly rate between 50-60/hr (W2/1099). If you’re not interested please forward to your colleagues. Thanks! Overview of the position:
o The Network Administrator will be similar to a Senior Network Admin with some physical line duties; they need to have CISCO expertise; network management experience for HW and SW; remediation; best practices for network and security
o CISCO ISE will be implemented in the next few months; the new hire should have background/experience with policies and rules W/ CISCO ISE
o Network certifications – should have CCNP; CISSP would be helpful but not necessary; they have found people with such backgrounds/experience will be more successful in this role
o Prior government contracting experience is very important
o We need to emphasize that the Network Administrator will be assigned a set of specific projects and will not be expected to go above/beyond those tasks unless asked
o They need to be able to provide technical explanations both in writing and speaking; to be able to “translate” technical explanations to less-tech-savvy audiences; they need to be able to ask appropriate questions to get the information they need and to be able to return to the client with ideas/ plan of a attack and explain why they are selecting such a plan to a less technical audience
o They will work on training existing staff members, and transitioning out tasks to existing staff members
o The team is 6 people total; there is one person who is dedicated help desk; 3 people who share network administration and infrastructure tasks o Someone who has experience at both Fortune 500 companies and experience at a small firm; the person needs to be flexible and able to wear many hats
o They want someone who is knowledgeable about network security concerns, such as patch management and network secure topics and network access control o During the first month, they will need to get familiar with the network environment, etc.; they will initially be given read only access to networks, etc. where they have work to perform
o First task will probably be a LAN assessment Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
• Assist in the formal audit process review of network infrastructure to assure compliance with national and local policy. • Assist with remediation and development of required procedures.
• Evaluate network to identify issues, assess network health, propose changes, perform impact analysis of proposed changes, and assist with required remediation. • Assist with remediation of network operations incidents.
• Assist with writing and updating systems and support documentation and policies for internal use.
• Assist with implementing and supporting network management solutions and tools, designed to improve our client’s security posture and simplify management complexity.
• Provide training and documentation to local IT staff on network security, operations, tools, and best practices.
• Assist the court in meeting scorecard remediation goals for network-related items.
• Assis the IT Department with remediation of vulnerability scan report issues. • Document Critical and High vulnerability issues within 30 days, except where given an extension by ISO.
• Document the reason for accepted vulnerabilities and obtain ISO review.
• Perform regular network health assessments to identify, document and address areas for improvement.
• Support implementation and maintenance of Cisco ISE and provide training on operation and use.
• Assess network monitoring setup, propose changes to comply with best practices and court requirements, and implement approved changes.
• Assist in creating and maintaining network diagrams and documentation to ensure they are current and accurate.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the COR to provide network and system support.
• Prepare quarterly deliverables and provide it to the Manager for internal coordination and ultimate on-time delivery.
• Provide special/ad hic reports as needed. Qualifications and Experience:
Required – • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• 8 years of general experience in electronics, data communications or telecommunications with progressive experience with in network environment, including:
• Experience acquiring, installing and maintaining local area networks.
• Experience implementing local area network policies, to include security policies and standards.
• Experience maintaining distributed processing databases on a local area network.