Director Of Engineering - New York
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to lead the implementation, development, and technical quality of andieswim.com. The ideal candidate can take a high-level business plan for growth and translate it into a strategic technology roadmap. As a member of a small, but rapidly expanding organization, the person in this role will need to be able to cross boundaries easily and work collaboratively. The primary job is two-fold: focusing on long-term architectural and technology needs to grow the business and writing code to achieve our goals and improve the experience.
- Set short, medium and long-term strategic direction for different aspects of the technology stack, identifying areas of critical need based on future growth and developing roadmaps to attack these problems.
- Take leadership with new initiatives for product features and ensure quality, stability, and architectural consistency across the UI in all platforms.
- Enforce strong coding best practices, guidelines, and standards throughout the teams.
- Lead development effort and adoption of testing and automation.
- Own the long term tech roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Director of Product to work on digital initiatives.
- 6+ years professional experience in web development
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS, LESS and Stylus.
- Consistent curiosity and willingness to learn, progress and take ownership of delivery
- Good eye for design and a passion for good UX.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
Loading some great jobs for you...