Primary Responsibilities: To serve food, drinks, and to accommodate guests needs in a courteous and timely manner following Applebee s Basic Service Steps.
Essential Functions and Duties:
**Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Delivers food and drinks to guests using Applebee s team delivery system.
2. Greet guests, answers questions, makes suggestions regarding food, drinks, and service.
3. Interacts verbally with all guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere.
4. Relays orders to service bar and kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system.
5. Observes guests and responds to any additional requests.
6. Presents guest check to each table and accepts a form of payment. Makes correct change and/or completes the proper charge card procedure.
7. Participates in the clearing and resetting of dining room tables.
8. Setup/Maintenance: duties completed prior to the restaurant opening, preferably when no guests are in. These duties include general housekeeping and duties associated with getting the restaurant ready for the start of business. These job duties are paid at minimum wage, not as a tipped position.
9. All other job duties assigned by a manager to ensure the effective and order operations of the restaurant.
Applebee s Service Promise Expectations:
Make Friendly, Personal Connections
Keep it Clean and Comfortable
Set the Pace and be Attentive
Make it Right, Serve it Fast
Find it, Fix it
1. Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris from the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
2. Transports plates, glasses and baskets to and from dining room, service bar, and the kitchen about 30 times per shift.
3. Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
4. Mobility required during the entire shift.