Trauma Surgery opening in PA (Physician #)
Compensation: $127,065.00 - $59,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Trauma/Critical Care opportunity in Altoona, PA
Located 100 miles from Pittsburgh, PA
About the Health System
Health system is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania. System is a level II trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center. Health system provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health Systems medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
About Trauma & Emergency General Surgery:
Trauma & Emergency General Surgery provides trauma surgery services and acute care general surgery at 400 bed tertiary care hospital. Trauma service area is comprised of 20 counties and a service area population over 1 million. Health system is a PA Trauma Systems Foundation accredited level 2 trauma center. Trauma service includes 6 physician assistants and a trauma ICU. Annual patient volume is 1800+ patients with approximately 95% being blunt trauma. Practice case mix is 65% trauma/35% non-trauma.
About The Opportunity:
- Seeking BC/BE surgeon with fellowship training in surgical critical care, acute care surgery or trauma critical care
- Surgeons work four weeks on (12 hours shifts), two weeks off working three weekends out of every six
- Comprehensive Benefits Package includes health, dental, vision insurance; pension, generous CME allowance
- Salary: $425,000 to $475,000 based upon experience
- Practice Size: 4 Surgeons (current) & 8 Physician Assistants. New recruiting plan calls for 6 surgeons
- Patient Load: annual trauma volume = 1,800+ patients. Approximately 95% of trauma is blunt.
- Practice Case Load: 65% trauma / 35% non-trauma
- Work Schedule: Surgeons work four weeks on - combination of 10 and 12-hour shifts - two weeks off. Working three weekends out of every six. Four weeks is not always consecutive.
About the Community
The Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region is a family-oriented community with excellent school systems, abundant cultural amenities, easy access to larger, neighboring cities, and unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities. Keyphrases: surgery jobs, surgeon jobs, trauma surgeon jobs, trauma surgery jobs, surgical jobs
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...