Title: Azure Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Location: Phoenix, AZ (travel to client sites)
Type: Contract to Hire/Direct Placement
We are currently seeking an Azure Cloud Infrastructure Architect, to become a member of our client's Cloud Infrastructure Team. The ideal candidate has expert level knowledge and experience in designing, migrating, and implementing complex hosting solutions and migrations. The position is customer facing and will work closely with Product Owners, Applications Owners, Network and security team to deliver the best solution for large scale infrastructure design and application migrations. Candidates should possess expert knowledge in public and hybrid cloud models. The engineer needs to have the ability to provide insight into the workloads and their dependencies to map out the best strategy to migrate workloads to Azure. This will include determining the ideal groups of applications and defining a roadmap to move to Azure.
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure with a focus on Azure (AWS is a plus) using industry best practices.
- Define and implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Azure.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process.
- Work closely with the Development and Operations teams to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of Azure Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS) and options to support the migration process. This will include and not limited to Azure database migration technologies and refactoring options.
- Work closely with product owners, to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables
- Application rationalization, scoring, mapping dependencies and define roadmaps to support the application migration
- Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure compliancy with mandated policies (e.g., HIPAA)
Key Technology requirements:
- Cloud Infrastructure (VM, SQL, VNET, User defined routes, Azure Site Recovery, Traffic Manager, Azure Automation, Storage, ARM Templates, Azure Load balancer, API Gateway and Azure AD)
- On-premise infrastructure (AD, DNS, VMWare, Hyper-V, Load balancer, firewalls, routing)
- VSTS, Jenkins, Github, Octopus Deploy
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Azure and 3rd party monitoring tools
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based operating system configuration, automation and management
- Microsoft Azure certified
- Experience with Azure 3rd Party firewall devices
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG s candidates and experience the difference!
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: cloud architect, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, maintain, maintenance, network, senior engineer, server, system integrator, systems integration architect