Client Relations Senior Manager, Corporate Department (New York)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
As part of the firm s Client Relations team, this position is responsible for providing advice and direction to the Corporate lawyers in planning and implementing projects that support the strategic business development goals of the firmwide departments, practice groups and industry groups. This is a firmwide, full-time, exempt position which will reside in the firm s New York office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearhead business development programs and strategic planning that support the Corporate Department s core practices.
- Act as advisor to partnership by communicating trends, opportunities and other business intelligence influencing the Corporate Department rankings, through research and analysis of market data, participation in strategy meetings, preparing internal/external presentations, and development of special projects.
- Provide leadership and direction in developing proposal and RFP responses to clients and prospective clients, tracking results of same.
- Take primary role in planning business development expenditures for Client Relations annual budget and, once approved by the firm, take responsibility for monitoring operational expenditures and producing regular budget reports; provide assistance to Corporate Department Chair for department-specific accounts (business development travel and meals, department retreats).
- Manage practice-specific marketing content and tools that support business development projects.
- Oversee development of positioning statements, compelling capabilities descriptions, value propositions and other key messaging/communication points that drive awareness/recognition and enhance the brand perception of the firm s Corporate Department lawyers, practices and experience.
- Manage marketing mailings and lists in contact management database, InterAction; track and manage practice experience and client relationship data in firmwide databases.
- Develop visibility plan to enhance the departmental brand through public relations, events and award submissions.
- Coordinate with PR to report deals to various rankings agencies and submitting deal advisories for distribution to the media; identify and pursue opportunities for Corporate Department in key legal trade and industry publications, industry surveys and directories.
- Plan and communicate ROI on departmental events, such as industry conference sponsorships, client presentations and seminars, section/department retreats, client dinners, and other events related to the promotion of the Corporate Departments and their core practices.
- Write submissions for major awards, comprehensive survey response campaigns (e.g. Chambers) and similar initiatives designed to best position the Corporate Department.
- Other projects as assigned by Director, Chief, or Department Chair.
- Bachelor s degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Four or more years of marketing and/or business development experience, preferably with an AmLaw Top 250 law firm; ideal candidate will have a successful track record of marketing a sophisticated transactional practice to companies serving the energy, technology and/or life sciences sectors.
- Candidate must have a solid understanding of marketing and business development concepts and should be able to demonstrate results.
- Candidate must have strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to work well with lawyers, other professionals and staff within the firm; be comfortable interacting with firm leadership and key department personnel, and possess diplomacy, enthusiasm, perseverance and a sense of humor.
- Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have strong skills in organizational ability, prioritization, and dealing with ambiguity.
- Candidate should have experience with legal processes/concepts; international experience a big plus.
- Candidate should have strong skills in MS Office software, including PowerPoint; experience with InterAction a plus; knowledge of web-based legal and business resources also a plus.
- Candidate must have flexibility to work additional hours as required
- Some travel is required.
Extent of Public Contact (Within and outside the Firm)
This position requires contact with individuals within the firm as follows:
- a high degree of contact within the Client Relations department
- a moderate to high degree of interaction with firm lawyers
This position requires contact with individuals outside the firm as follows:
- a moderate degree of contact with vendors/suppliers and others in the event planning arena for special events.
- Must be able to work at a computer and telephone for extensive periods of time.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry files and other items up to 10 pounds; and
- Must be able to function in a standard office environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
by Jobble* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...