Solutions Architect/Sales Engineer
Compensation: $112,860.00 - $167,320.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey. A Better opportunity:
Better.com is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect/Sales Engineer to join our engineering team in NYC and help drive our partnership solutions. In this role, you will partner with our engineering and partnership teams to drive technical architecture of partnership integrations as well as to influence internal product roadmap for partnership solutions and features. You will be expected to participate in introductory discussions with external partners, assist business development and help coordinating technical efforts on both sides. You will:
- Provide technical expertise and gain understanding of partner's platform environment during the discovery phase
- Assist partnership and business development team in the introductory phase and develop technical proposals
- Coordinate technical aspects on both internal and external side
- Define partnership software requirements for future features of our platform
- Assist our product and account managers with technical project management
- Communicate with stakeholders on partner's side
Things we value:
- 3 years as a solution architect/sales engineer (preferably in a fintech SaaS startup)
- Experience with integration using APIs and cloud based solutions
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Travel up to 25%
- New York based (relocation available)
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Associated topics: architect, engineer, field service, installation, lab, medical, microsurgery, sales applications engineer, solution engineer, spinal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...