BGS TACAIR Spares Engineering is seeking an experienced design engineer to support the Captains of Industry Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Performance Based Depot effort for the F-15 platform. The successful candidate will support this effort at Warner Robins Air Force Base. The engineer will be a part of a team located on-site at Warner Robins, GA and engineers located in St. Louis, MO to assure that contract requirements, specifications, design criteria, and schedule performance are integrated and maintained. The engineer will work directly with the end user providing support, have a key engineering role as part of a team focused on providing fleet spares support including part configuration, design changes and supplier related issues. The engineer will work with various Government repair and supporting organizations, as deems necessary, to satisfy the requirements.
- Coordinate with Fleet Service Representatives at Warner Robins Air Force Base, develop strategies for spare part issues and recommend changes.
- Coordination of all interface activities with the Air Force DLA/SPO Engineering at Warner Robins and supporting the on-site Boeing Supply Chain Team.
- Maintain obsolescence management program to improve material availability
- Maintain configuration management process to assure all of the DLA/SPO engineering needs are controlled and meet SharePoint and CCB
- Review design changes against proposed pasts list, forecasted failure/high usage list, frequent repair list, unplanned PDM line stop list, and fatigue life parts failure to recommend candidate part replacements.
- Support supply chain in their request for engineering support
- Answer questions and concerns for demand spikes and drops
- Determine part interchangeability and suitable sub candidates
- Compare and verify alternate manufacturer part numbers
- Engineering reach back to the F-15 program, including, mechanical, structural, manufacturing and systems engineering.
- Coordinate issues and recommendations with Asset Management and Supplier Management personnel.
- Improve material availability by resolving supplier and tooling issues as well as investigating and analyzing new part configurations and/or design improvements that lead to lower lifecycle part costs.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in Product Data Management (PDM)
- Experience working in a cross functional environment
- Experience working with or supporting military aircraft
- Experience working with external customers
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Occasional travel (10%) may be required in support of the program and customer.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Associated topics: autocad, boiler, cae, bsme, design, machine, mechanism, motor, propulsion, rotordynamic