The IT Advisor for Financial Applications role will be the primary liaison between IT and Corporate Accounting and Finance teams. This role will be responsible for leading, supporting and providing technology solutions to Calpine Accounting and Finance functions.
This role includes, but not limited to, understanding of corporate accounting principles and application of PeopleSoft and related enterprise resource planning systems to deliver solutions.
Specific job duties will include working with Calpine Accounting team to lead technical aspects of process enhancements, provide functional and technical solutions, provide support for General Ledger, Asset Management and general corporate accounting functions.
Work closely with PeopleSoft team members and extended IT team to implement new capabilities and mature the use of existing technologies at Calpine. .
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* In-depth experience with PeopleSoft Financial System modules and background in accounting or finance.
* Strong accounting/finance background along with functional experience in PeopleSoft related ERP technologies.
* Prior experience developing reports with nVision is desirable
* Ability to lead workshops to facilitate the gathering of requirements and the ability to articulate business benefits is essential
* Typically requires 10+ years in area of specialization.