Thermoforming Process Engineer
Compensation: $90,650.00 - $130,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Thermoforming Process Engineer
Job ID: BO84-19
Location:Bloomfield, NY or Lawrenceville, GA
Position can be filled in either location
Relocation assistance is provided.
Compensation: Base: $75K - $120K
Benefits:Excellent Benefits, 401(k), etc.
Company and Position Summary:
A leading manufacturer of polystyrene foam products in the United States. They also manufacture other foam products as well as industrial and custom packaging solutions. This position will work specifically with thermoforming of PET plastic products.
This is a high visibility role with an excellent opportunity for advancement.
About the Job:
- The thermoforming process engineer will use engineering principles to develop products and processes for manufacturing and sales support, as well as plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated thermoforming engineering projects for all plants.
- Engineer and develop products and process improvements consistent with company sales strategy.
- Responsible for equipment design and reliability improvement through testing and recommendation of new processes to support quality improvement efforts.
- Maintain asset list and utilization of forming equipment for each plant including a capability matrix for all locations.
- Maintain idle asset list for unused equipment.
- Organize and maintain training literature. Provide onsite training for operators, train the trainer , and maintenance personnel.
- Manage vendor relationships for all forming related activities.
- Develop capital expenditure recommendations involving plant personnel and sales.
- Select products for various tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics and records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluate data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- 50% travel to any of the other plant facilities to assist in daily operations, troubleshooting, and/or supporting process improvements in the plant(s).
- The Thermoforming Process Engineer must have thermoforming experience and be experienced working with PET and/or polystyrene manufacturing.
- Bachelor s degree in a related field (Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred); or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing projects and creating/driving process improvements; experience in Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma/TWI preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, to include MS Office, ERP systems, and project management software.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, coupled with excellent critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Associated topics: automotive, boiler, design, mechanical, mechanic, motor, rotordynamic, thermal, turbine, vibration
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...