The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales representatives and the sales activities of the analytical instrumentation lines sold into R&D Laboratories within the Central region. This position reports to the Regional Vice President.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Assists the Vice President of the region in building sales territories within assigned region.
- Interviews, makes hiring and firing recommendations, develops new hires, assigns and schedules work, and appraises performance.
- Ensures that sales personnel are properly trained and their skills are continually being advanced.
- Sells and assists Sales Representatives with making sales of Density & Viscosity analytical instrumentation product lines within the region. Assists with closing sales as necessary. Travels with Sales Representatives to provide training and demonstrations.
- Manages P&L for assigned product lines within the region.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all assigned product lines by attending in-house technical training courses. Also attends manufacturer training at parent company.
- Attends sales meetings and trade shows, and reads industry publications to gain knowledge of competitors’ product strengths and weaknesses within assigned sales territory.
- Covers territories that are open during hiring process.
- Participates in technical/professional organizations or networking groups, attends trade shows and/or conferences to obtain leads.
- Prepares sales presentations to explain instrumentation capabilities. Demonstrates instruments to potential customers.
- Ensured that region achieves sales at or above target levels.
- Manages all aspects of the assigned territory, e.g., developing Sales Representatives, increasing sales, developing and managing customer relationships, conducting product demos, installations and customer training.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and passport
- 50% overnight travel
The Company offers a highly competitive six figure compensation package, an outstanding benefits package and an opportunity for professional growth within the Company’s organization.