Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 437 W 200 S SLC UT 84101
Status: non-exempt, Full-time, with benefits
Salary: $12-13/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and Refugee Services, Homeless Services and CCS of Northern Utah programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health insurance, dental, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Drive the box truck to pick up donated food commodities on scheduled days from local donation sites. Also, deliver the lunch and dinner meals to the resource centers every day. Mange the product inside the kitchen warehouse, coolers, and freezer keeping them organized and clean.
- Drive truck to various food outlets in the Salt Lake Valley on scheduled days.
- Deliver lunch and dinner meals to the resource centers.
- Load donated food items into truck.
- Keep the kitchen warehouse clean and organized.
- Communicate with kitchen manager regarding any commodity exchange.
- Pick up food commodities from the Utah Food Bank and LDS Bishop's Storehouse.
- Load/unloading donated/exchanged food commodities.
- Maintain accurate documentation of donated items from each trip.
- Keep mileage records for truck each day.
- Perform daily safety checks on truck(s) used each day.
- Operate forklift when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
- Ability to work outside, in cold and hot conditions.
- Uses caution when working near icy and slippery conditions
- Use ear protection and other necessary person protection equipment while operating equipment.
- Uses caution and obeys rules and laws while driving.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
- This position requires strenuous activing including but not limited to, heavy lifting (100+ lbs), bending, standing, and entering and exiting rear box truck.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Able to work independently in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Able and willing to work as a team player.
- Has sensitivity to the needs of clients.
- Able to deal appropriately with donor location staff.
- Has knowledge of Health Department requirements for handling food commodities.
- Is proficient in English oral and written skills.
- Able to lift 100 pounds.
Education, training and or experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Familiar and supportive of the mission of CCS and the work Homeless Services.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
- Must pass a background check.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
- Food Handlers Permit.
- Current Utah driver's license, proof of auto insurance with minimum policy liability limits of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per occurrence, 21 years of age or older, a clean driving record, and ability to meet CCS vehicle safety requirements.
- Ability to obtain Utah DOT medical card.
- Forklift certification preferred.
Position status and expected schedule
- Full time, 40 hours per week position.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 19.11.5
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro