- Provide leadership, direction and supportive medical judgment to the clinical team.
- Provide addiction medicine patient clinical care at a home clinic 80% and provide administractive duties 20% of time on a weekly basis.
o Remote work will occur in centers assigned within the area of management responsibility. All travel/expenses are covered.
- Work closely with Medical Directors, Center Managers, NPs and PAs, care coordinators, to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care.
- Cooperate with management to ensure accomplishment of center objectives.
- Evaluate medical procedures and everyday situations and suggest ways to improve delivery of service.
- Team with People Services and Center Managers to manage human resources related issues, performance plans, hiring and termination.
- Manage clinic operations to ensure corporate goals of service, associate engagement, patient experience is accomplished and maintain a culture that focuses on quality medical care and customer service
- Provide quality review of charts in each center.
- Communicate and work with medical staff to ensure coordinated efforts for the provision of high quality medical treatment and client service.
- Attend IDT meetings in-person and remotely as a function of quality review and to support clinical culture.
- Assist center, regional and corporate management in identifying, analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing clinical methods and procedures and suggest improvements.
- Support in the orientation of new clinical staff.
- Assist clinical staff in understanding and complying with policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance by medical staff with company policies regarding ethical, legal and professional issues.
- Ensure compliance by medical and clinical staff with applicable regulations and with corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain quality assurance for all clinical delivery and clinical quality issues and assist in the solution of any medical problems.
- Assist in recruitment of physicians and physician assistants as necessary.
- Direct, review and evaluate performance of Physicians, PAs and NPs.
- Serve as a liaison between the medical staff and corporate management.
- Contribute solutions to intra- and inter-departmental problems.
- Mediate professional disputes and problems.
- Support efforts of administrative and marketing personnel in securing new and maintaining current business, as required.
- Assist, as required, in resolution of client grievances regarding medical issues.
- Perform utilization reviews of medical charts.
- Cooperate in administrative functions and implementation of special projects and services.
- Attend workshops, training and seminars as appropriate
- Maintain appropriate professional conduct and appearance
- Adhere to Company policies regarding confidentiality
Current license to practice medicine in the State where the centers are located;
Current Controlled Substances Registration certificate from the Drug Enforcement Admin, U.S. Dept of Justice.
o Hold an X-Waiver with the DEA
Board Certification in Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Family Practice preferred.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Associated topics: bilingual, care, family, family medicine physician, family practice physician, hospitalist, nocturnist, physician md, primary, provider