Finance Analytics Manager
Compensation: $100,105.00 - $182,360.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Columbia Sportwear Company (CSC) is seeking a Finance Analytics Manager to join its Enterprise Analytics efforts. The role will be part of the Finance organization and partner closely with CSC's Analytics Center of Excellence. The Analytics CoE is responsible for driving the culture of analytics as a core capability within CSC - helping the business continue its path to data literacy. The team will deliver products at scale, in partnership with the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team. This position will be working closely with business partners across the Finance organization to identify opportunities and develop standardized analytical and scalable approaches.
This role will deliver and operationalize multiple data and analytic initiatives across the enterprise - with a focus on Finance. The candidate should have a strong background on understanding varied data sources and leveraging an enterprise mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities.
* Serve as the trusted data and analytics partner to the Finance organization to drive direction and initiatives through quantitative and qualitative analyses
* Raise functional considerations for visibility in enterprise efforts and communicate relevant activities to the functional team
* Act as analytics translator between Finance and technical teams
* Champion business priorities and requirements, working with the Sr. Manager, Global Business Analytics and CoE leadership to determine priorities
* Engage business SMEs to define scope/ requirements and guide the delivery of data assets
* Translates requirements to and insights from the advanced analytics team needed to address opportunities
* Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
* Work in partnership with Enterprise Information Management to launch scalable and automated platforms - ensuring appropriate planning, scheduling and execution
* Owns coordination and facilitation of user acceptance testing, bug tracking to resolution
* Collaborates with delivery teams to refine and improve development processes
* Effectively resolve conflict, remove roadblocks and support/lead on decision-making when critical issues arise
* Promote standard methodology sharing across project/program teams as well as within Finance
* Communicate insights, results and business value/impact to stakeholders
* Ensures business needs are met by continuously evaluating and improving service and results for our people and the business, operating with an enterprise mindset
* Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business Analytics, Finance or other relevant quantitative field
* Minimum of 8 years professional experience required
* 5 years of experience in a position of monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data
* Experience leading a team is strongly preferred, including informal management of project teams
* Solid understanding of core Finance processes, including forecasting, financial metrics and financial analysis concepts, is strongly preferred
* Strong track record of partnering with the business to drive definition, alignment, and support for application of analytics and data to address complex business issues
* Experience with senior leadership and ability to deliver executive-level summary updates, reports and presentations
* Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
* Knowledge of statistical techniques and its application - from hypothesis development, designing of tests/ experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business partners
* Working knowledge of SQL programming and experience working with data from multiple sources including both on-premise and cloud-based
* Solid and direct experience with data visualization tools, e.g., Power BI, etc.
* Possesses the ability to deliver excellence in analytic projects while working in a matrixed environment
* Solid project management skills with excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain composure under pressure
* Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
* Ability to apply an agile analytic approach (leverage MVPs) that allows for results at varying levels of precision
* Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise, actionable manner
* Strong interpersonal, written, communication and relationship-building skills
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one for over 70 years, constantly working to perfect the art and enjoyment of the greater outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that offers them much more than just a paycheck.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
For US/CAN Postings Only:
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, business analytic, business systems analyst, financial reporting analyst, investment analyst, investment fund, market, regulation, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...