Infant ant Toddler Teacher Assistant
Head Start/Early Head Start/Expansion
LOCATION: Various Locations
Provides services to Early Head Start children and families in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards Child care work involving assisting the Teacher in working with young children and families to develop their cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the Teacher in the implementation of the daily curriculum and activities.
- Ensures classroom plans and activities are carried out in the absence of the Teacher.
- Assists the Teacher with ensuring compliance with child outcomes, State of Florida Early Childhood standards, Head Start Performance Standards, and the goals & objectives of the current Head Start curriculum.
- Assists the Teacher in maintaining classroom records, progress reports, accident reports and other necessary documentation.
- Assists with the selection of teaching materials to meet individual needs of children.
- In conjunction with the Teacher, develops and carries out plans for at least one day per week.
- Works with the Teacher to conduct home visits and parent meetings.
- Encourages parent involvement in the Early Head Start program, both in the classroom and in the home. Identifies and reports child abuse cases. Assists in organizing classroom volunteers.
- Attends all pre-service and in-service training programs and other mandatory trainings.
- Seeks in-kind (donated time, services, products, cash) for the program and ensure in-kind is documented accurately and timely.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of acceptable equivalency diploma required; some college courses in early childhood education preferred. Must possess a current Infant and Toddler CDA certification or equivalent. Successful completion of a standardized early childhood and development skills and knowledge based assessment is also required. One (1) year experience working directly with infants and toddlers. Must be able to obtain at least fifteen (15) clock hours of certified training per year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to gain knowledge of early childhood growth and development and age-appropriate activities.
- Ability to gain knowledge of the practices, procedures and regulations in childcare.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check, and control anger, even in difficult situations.
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreat
SALARY: $13.02 an hour
PAY GRADE: 55
Equal Opportunity Employer Veteran/Disability
Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher, associate kindergarten teacher, early, kindergarten, nursery education, pre kindergarten, preschool assistant teacher, preschool teacher, toddler, toddler teacher