Location , FL (On-Premises)
Primary Office Integrated Security Systems
1876 Northwest 7th Street
Miami, FL 33125
Duration Full Time
Desired Education Certificate
Desired Experience 3-5 Years
Minimum of three years of previous, relevant life safety and fire systems project management experience preferred.
Strong NFPA and local life safety codes knowledge.
Responsibilities 1.Manages, oversees and coordinates all aspects for fire systems and life safety projects including the largest and most complex projects from award through completion of project, including: overall site management of project(s) for successful and timely completion within budget as required by the contract. Handles multiple projects simultaneously. Prepares project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures.
- Translates a wide variety of customer needs / requirements requiring originality and ingenuity requiring new and unique approaches into detailed proposals and project implementation plans to meet Customer requirements; reviews and approves estimated costs prior to bid; provision of technical assistance to sales force as and when required; supervision of project design engineering; supervision of installation labor and subcontractors; preparation of project schedules, subcontracts, change proposals, project invoices; manages collections on projects.
- Proactively communicates project requirements to project team and wider organization as and when required, and maintains accurate and up to date records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records necessary for processing of internal and external reports.
- Acts as our customers best service provider at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customers first choice for service.
- Identifies potential project risks and develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines. Evaluates current systems for cost reduction and product improvement.
- Proactively communicates project schedules, project change proposals and related project activities on a regular basis with customer and seek to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies, services and controls necessary for timely and cost effective completion of project within budget.
- Establishes project milestones and analyzes costs; utilizes financial systems to review actual vs. estimated job cost and to provide timely and accurate project cost reports; identifies reasons for low job site productivity and determine impact on the project; adjusts or corrects project plan and/or project cost estimates as necessary to meet financial goals.
- Manages the execution and review of all scope of work, terms and conditions in customer contracts including cost control, delivery fulfillment, and quality of service and other customer requirements as they arise. May originate and apply new approaches to installation methods.
- May have direct reports and perform managerial responsibilities including but not limited to: mentoring, coaching and developing colleagues; interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; project budget. Oversees subcontractor selection process and work.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Skills Expert project management experience in a technical environment (fire alarm systems)Advanced coaching, mentoring, and staff development skills; solid leadership orientation Actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model, guide, develop and mentor others within the organization
Advanced team leadership, team building and facilitation skills
Shows initiative regularly engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
Extremely adaptable responds effectively to changes in situation or information; ability to influence others and build consensus using advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Excellent analytical skills necessary to resolve problems and look for solutions; strong conflict resolution skills
Advanced financial analytical skills including cost control
Expert ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and team members
Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word and Power Point skills; solid programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
Basic knowledge and understanding of IT networking principals
Other Industry-specific certifications and/or licenses preferred; Must have valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
The position is primarily office-based with periodic visits to work sites in the field. The colleague performs some work-related travel.
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Convergint Technologies is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Convergint Technologies offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at uscareers.convergint.com/careers.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task