- Perform complex and advanced dimensional inspections using precision measurement instruments including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, comparators and height & pin gauging equipment.
- Devise dimensional gauging set-ups, perform part layout inspection and assist in establishing part inspection procedures
- Fill accurately the results of inspections, testing data sheets and other required quality documentation. Maintain controlled document files.
- Perform final dimensional or mechanical inspection of subassemblies, and assemblies in the receiving, assembly, test, machining and shipping areas along with performing the more complex machined part and casting first article inspection to verify conformance to blueprints, engineering specifications, customer requirements
- Test records performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Lead by example, keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly. Follow company policies and comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Cross train on the inspection of different products and across the different inspection areas
Other job duties as assigned
- Minimum of eight (8) years QC inspection experience in a defense or aerospace environment
- Experience working in an ISO 9001/AS9100D QMS environment
- Advanced knowledge of blueprints (mainly mechanical blueprints), specifications, per ANSI 14.5 and ASME Y 14.100 (GD&T)
- Expert in using precision measurement instruments such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, pin gauges and more
- Team Player, adaptable, hands-on minded, problem solving minded and strong attention to detail
- Good verbal and writing communications skills in English
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining CMM programs using PC-DMIS is a plus
A minimum of two (8) years GD&T experience, and advanced knowledge of geometrical tolerancing and dimensional measurementsJob Posted by ApplicantPro