Compensation: $53,630.00 - $105,620.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Graphic Design/CAD
Dropel - creates high-performance natural fabrics.
Innovative apparel start-up seeks Footwear Designer- who will oversee and support Dropel''s footwear design and production The Footwear Designer will collaborate with the cross-functional development team to bring innovative ideas to life. You will use concept sketches, design software, prototyping skills, engineering knowledge, and hands-on experience to design, refine and carefully document footwear designs. We expect this person to be an innovative, proven designer who can ideate, innovate and manage the design process of complex product systems through collaboration in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated a passion for advanced innovation, product creation and manufacturing.
- Work with the design leadership to implement brand vision, design language and product direction.
- You have advanced 3D design skills allowing you to utilize software tools to manipulate and perfect complex surfaces.
- Lead presentations with strong verbal and visual execution, while clearly communicating design vision.
- Self-Manage own creative process and execute towards given design languages within the category.
- Partner with the innovation team to incorporate new concepts
- Create illustrations and technical drawings for new design concepts and digital renderings of materializations in applicable design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), detailing concept, materials, and development specifications based on Dropel''s brand design guidelines.
- Create and manage timely execution of tech/design packages ensuring all level of detail is accurate.
- Thrive in an environment with ambiguity and changes in priorities
- Clearly communicate complex technical topics to diverse audiences and at all levels within the organization
- Think both analytically and creatively with excellent problem-solving skills
- Research new materials, manufacturing technologies, and design methodologies
- Due to the nature of a small team, you are going to need to be able to wear multiple hats to accomplish product objectives and deliverables
- Experience in both fashion and athletic footwear design
- Mastery of the Adobe Suite, CAD and strong understanding of MS Office, MAC OS
- Expert ability to create technical footwear drawings and demonstrate knowledge of current trends and the ability to interpret trends.
- A wide knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing methodology
- Strong understanding of an experience employing design, construction techniques, and appropriate use of materials, including extensive knowledge and full understanding of product design and development including outsole construction, last making, materials, color, etc.
- A demonstrated portfolio of work, with clear examples of commercialized designs
- Knowledge of plastic and foam part and tooling design
by Jobble* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...