Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Compensation: $29,070.00 - $41,960.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Performs functions to achieve results by supervising and coordinating workflow activities and employees in a production environment.Primary Responsibilities:
- Maximizes teamwork and productivity, minimizes costs, and maintains quality through implementation of lean manufacturing techniques to manage, direct, and coordinate all production activities
- Actively participates in food safety programs that ensure the safety of ingredients and finished products
- Drives employee safety programs and is accountable for conducting training, inspections, policy/procedure compliance, and follow up of all safety programs to ensure a safety focused culture.
- Drives continuous improvement and facilitates total employee involvement in the process
- Maintains compliance for all employee and food safety programs, including audits and disciplinary procedures.
- Collaborates with the Operations and Plant Managers to ensure regulations are followed, schedules are met, and quality exceeds customer expectations
- Monitors, inspects, and is accountable for production rates, equipment, and overall quality to ensure conformance to product specifications, making and reporting adjustments to equipment or processes as needed
- Troubleshoots problems/issues, develops, recommends, and initiates action steps that provide resolution to achieve positive results
- Participates in all plant and food safety audits and provides prompt corrective actions as required
- Audits and enforces plant compliance with internal and external policies, procedures, guidelines and governance
- Serves as a role model for workers in terms of work ethic, professional image, and conduct in full compliance with all work rules and policies
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Maintains staff by orienting and training employees on company rules, safety, and job functions
- Coaches, counsels, motivates, and carries out discipline
- Resolves personnel issues in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Enforces systems, policies, and procedures consistently and fairly
- Oversees employee participation and adherence to food safety and employee safety programs and policies
- Monitors and processes employee attendance records/timecards and PTO in a timely manner
- Bachelor s degree in Food Science, Animal Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years manufacturing experience in a meat, poultry or USDA regulated facility
- Basic experience in the application of lean manufacturing processes or similar process
- Effective communication and training skills
- Familiarity with meat processing equipment
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of OSHA and general safety guidelines
- Communication: The ability to give and gather information and actively manage the communication process by asking questions, conveying complex information in plain language, listening and considering others views, state own views clearly and concisely, and address conflict in a professional and productive manner.
- Time Management: Able to make the most effective use of one s own time and that of others; gets the job done without procrastinating or delaying; is constantly aware of what is the best use of time.
- Action Orientation: Maintaining a sense of urgency to complete a task. Seeks information rather than waiting for it.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of a situation and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Detail Oriented: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved no matter how small; monitors and checks work or information; and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: baker, battender, catering, chocolate, dining room, food preparation, food processing, foodservice, meat processing, pastry
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...