As a Systems Engineer - Gateway Active Thermal Control Systems (ATCS) you will:
- Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall design and
- Review and provide input to system and sub-system level requirements and other Gateway Program documents.
- Develop ATCS requirements verification plan.
- Investigate technology development opportunities and perform infusion planning.
- Develop analysis package presentations.
- Develop and manage heat load vs. heat rejection matrix.
- Develop integrated module/TCS schematics.
- Develop and maintain the TCS Concept of Operations (ConOps).
- Provide written and oral statuses in the form of presentations or reports to help represent the Gateway Thermal Systems
Manager at program and engineering boards.
- Interface with international partners and Gateway module providers for integrated solutions of ATCS.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidates experience, requirements and business needs,
we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or
a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from
an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents including functional requirements and
verification success criteria.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space thermal control systems.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and
electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, and design software and tools.
- Knowledge of spacecraft ATCS.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiar with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures.
- Experience in thermal analysis.
- Knowledge of ISS Internal Active Thermal Control System (ATCS).
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also offer:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Come join our team and be a part of our future - we look forward to seeing you!
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5%
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and
adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and
promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a
safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Responsibilities Participates in the development, improvement and maintenance of database applications both as an individual contributor and as a t…Read More
University Park Electrical and Computer Engineering Tutor Jobs Varsity Tutors is always looking for bright individuals in University Park who are pas…Read More
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a talented Systems Security Engineer (SSE) to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a …Read More