Senior Software Engineer, Trust & Safety
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Etsy is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our growing Trust & Safety team. In this role you will work with engineers, product managers, and designers to help champion our mission to ''Keep Commerce Human''.
Our marketplace has an abundance of one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers and vintage collectors from around the world. Our challenge? Make it easier for buyers to find these remarkable goods and for creative entrepreneurs to run their businesses.
About Etsy Engineering
This role is based in Brooklyn, NY or remote.
About the role
- The Trust & Safety engineering team works on improving the buying experience and building trust by keeping the marketplace free of sellers and items that do not comply with our policies and values.
- Work on automating the remediation of shop issues, so that sellers have the tools and right level of information required to bring their shops into compliance without lengthy and labor-intensive exchanges with Trust & Safety agents.
- Help to build a technology portfolio that will allow the team to scale with Etsy as the number of buyers, sellers, and transactions continues to increase in the coming years.
- Develop tools to prevent fraud and reduce the impact of fraudulent activity on Etsy and our buyers and sellers.
- Maintain and improve Etsy''s brand and compliance posture by neutralizing financial, regulatory and reputational risks.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering teams.
- You''ll be helping us build great products and experiences for people buying and selling with Etsy.
- The teams working on each feature are small, so there''s a lot of meaningful collaboration between engineers, product managers, and designers.
- We believe strongly in using both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions. To that end, you''ll be able to use our in-house analytics tools to capture information and gain insights. With a strong focus on creative entrepreneurs, you will work closely alongside our research team, go on studio visits, and discover insights in our forums. You''ll also be able to use Etsy''s Continuous Deployment architecture to push code to production early and often (and you''ll probably push in your first week here).
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you''d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you''re proud of, we''d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: architect, back end, c, design pattern, matlab, maven, perl, senior, senior software engineer, software engineer lead
Loading some great jobs for you...