Program Directorin Recreational Activities
Employment Type: Full-Time
Morningside of Sheffield is a beautiful community in Sheffield, AL,
with more than 50 units offering assisted living.
At this time, we are seeking a Lifestyle 360 Director to join our
* Plans, schedules and implements an innovative, evidence based,
seven days per week (at least five programs per day with one
program in the evening) activity program that is engaging and
incorporates the Five Dimensions of Wellness: Emotional Dimension 5 days per week; Intellectual Dimension- 7 days per week; Physical
Dimension- 7 days per week; Social Dimension- 7 days per week;
Spiritual Dimension- 3 days per week.
* Develops and posts a comprehensive monthly calendar of events for
the community. Calendar will be posted on a community bulletin
board that is professional in appearance.
* Works with marketing, food service, administrative and other
departments in the community to ensure quality resident
* Organizes and/or conducts outings that are of interest to
* Drives residents to and from scheduled outings and events using
the community vehicle.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate or bachelor s degree in human service or recreation
* Licensed or registered, if applicable, by the state.
* Eligibility for state certification as an activity director
* Valid state Driver s License or Chauffeur s license as required by
property and/or state.
* First Aid Certification desired.
* Experience working in a group setting with elders is preferred.
* Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications
used in job functions.
About Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living
provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the
highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of
home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division:
Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280
Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care,
Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and
Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30
states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to
maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services
to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five
Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and
Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up
to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program,
and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive
strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as
medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant
for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In
addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Loading some great jobs for you...