Account Manager - New York
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Account Manager is a critical team member, as the lead communication person for assigned customers. The overarching objective of the Account Manager is to support sale executives in their sales efforts and to ensure that the company provides flawless service and support to key customers.
You will collaborate directly with Sales, Operations, Design and Engineering departments to manage customer related tasks and fulfill customer needs. The Account Manager interacts closely with sales executives and management to offer support in the securing of new business by providing quotations, completing sample requests, generating timelines, and ensuring that important operational milestones in the development of an item are met. For established customers, the Account Manager is the primary point of contact for order placement and confirmation, price list maintenance, and tracking and follow up of open orders.
The value you will be bringing to the organization
Sales Management Support
Works with sales executives and sales managers to heavily assist in securing new business by facilitating communication with operations and productions teams
Interfaces with all departments as customer needs arise including:
- Operations project planning, launch timing, milestone tracking
- Purchasing item costing and pricing, order tracking
- Quality corrective action tracking and response
- Engineering technical questions and solutions for packaging choices
- Creative artwork review and decoration options
- Accounting credit applications, customer setup, customer deposits
Customer Management Support
- Communicates daily with customer representatives in purchasing, planning, marketing, and logistics
- Provides order status updates and confirmations and works through scheduling conflicts as necessary
- Creates quotes, price lists, item approval sign offs, and customer specific reports as required
- Anticipates potential problems or complications and works with customer to facilitate timely approvals and decision making
Competencies for Success
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifies specific information needed to clarify a problem or to make a decision; Checks multiple sources to verify accuracy of information; Probe skillfully to get at the facts if others are reluctant to provide full information; Seeks the perspective on the stakeholders impacted
- Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or required by the situation; Seeks out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives; Takes independent action to change the direction of events
- Thoroughness: Sets up procedures to ensure high quality of work and monitors the quality of work on a regular basis; Develops and uses systems to organize and keep track of information or work progress
- Stress Management:Remains calm under stress and can effectively handle several problems at one time; Maintains a sense of humor under difficult circumstances; Manages own behavior to prevent or reduce feelings of stress
What we are hoping to find in your background
- Bachelor s Degree in business, marketing or related fields from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a business to business, non-sales, customer account support position preferably in a product related design, distribution or manufacturing business
- Intermediate experience in MS Office
- Prior experience with salesforce strongly preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting.
The employee is frequently required to be in a stationary position and regularly use the computer keyboard and mouse and will view the computer monitor frequently. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Loading some great jobs for you...