Associate Designer, Tommy Hilfiger Sport - New York
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Associate Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation of original concepts in style, color and fabric by interpreting fashion trends.
- Interprets concept for the season and adapts it appropriately to the individual merchandise areas as assigned
- Consistently updates old concepts to develop new products
- Develops alternative perspective and/or solutions to problems
- Possesses knowledge of competitive environment
- Develops customer intimacy by spending time in the stores
- Technical specification of garments
- Demonstrates product knowledge fit, garment construction, garment production
- Designs salable product with the understanding of the target customer
- Research and shop the market for inspiration and new development.
- Adhere to a lineplan and design into tiered retail structures.
- REQUIRED 3+ years of experience
- Must have strong knowledge of PLM and Illustrator
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator with the ability to clearly illustrate ideas in CAD sketches and linesheets.
- Experience participating in fittings and construction knowledge, to advise TD and vendors for updates.
- Advanced knowledge of generating tech packs and BOMs using PLM or similar system.
- Acute understanding of fabric and trim development, with a keen ability to design into each fabric platform accordingly.
- Acute fashion sense with the proven talent to envision and interpret fashion trends
- Ability to understand and interpret trends for target customer
Associated topics: business, communications, design intern, digital, digital marketing, entry level sports marketing, intern, junior, sales, sports marketing
Loading some great jobs for you...