Performing and/or managing:
- On-site technical support, analysis and management of marine and civil construction projects.
- Collection and managing collection information related to engineering/surveying on assigned project site.
- Assisting in the design, re-design and design analysis of marine and coastal engineering projects (new dredging, maintenance dredging, beach re-nourishment, rip-rap revetments, slope stabilization, stormwater retention/detention pond maintenance, dock and marine structures, etc.)
- Field stake-out of construction controls
- HYPACK/DREDGEPACK hardware/software installation, coordination, calibration and over-sight to large dredge operations.
- Performing and/or overseeing pre-, progress and post-dredge surveys.
- Survey/Operations Engineering equipment management/repair/maintenance on project site.
- Survey/Operations Engineering equipment inventory/replacement/acquisition on project site.
- Pre-Bid Meeting attendance and initial project evaluations.
- Assisting with pre-construction submittals preparation.
- On-going construction submittal preparation and assistance.
- Evaluating and providing recommendations for alternative equipment, materials, and/or construction methods.
- Analyzing data to resolve technical conflicts during construction projects.
- Training sub-professional, technical, and clerical personnel, as required.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Knowledge of principles and practices of the assigned area of engineering and marine (hydrographic & topographic) surveying.
- Knowledge of developments and information in assigned field of engineering.
- Ability to learn to plan, design, and review the work of others.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, and specifications.
- Ability to analyze engineering and surveying data and draw sound conclusions.
- Ability to develop skill in the use and care of engineering and surveying tools.
- Ability to prepare and submit clear, concise reports both orally and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and the general public.
- 2 years' experience in AutoCAD, HYPACK and Microsoft Excel/Word software is mandatory. 3+ years is preferred.