Photos, Maps, And Records Technician - Electric Utilities
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Details Company Overview
Photos, Maps, and Records Technician - Electric Utilities
Location: Syracuse, NY 13202
Duration: 1 year
US Citizens only.
You have a keen eye for details, especially with analyzing specific objects and details in photographs and maps... and in particular for the electric utility distribution and generation industry.
You will review photos of electric utility assets, and verify that those assets are properly identified and entered into our SmallWorld GIS system. You'll work out any conflicts or discrepancies, and make everything consistent with the SmallWorld system, our Regional Control Center maps, and sometimes with outside vendors to correct photos.
You'll then execute a series of checks to validate the connectivity of the equipment and environment, and update the SmallWorld database.
It is important that you have some understanding of what you are looking at in these photos... electric utility sites, components, connectivity, poles, etc. You background in this industry is going to give you an almost instant ability to be productive on your first day.
SmallWorld/ESRI/ArcGIS/GIS experience is helpful, but if necessary, we can train you on our GIS system.
- Hands on experience working with Electric utility GIS models and systems - Smallworld or ESRI
- Proven experience working with diverse teams to gather information in support of job duties
- Minimum of Associates Degree, preferably in Electrical Technology or Electrical Power Technology
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) including proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computer applications.
- Highly motivated with ability to take an assignment and progress independently.
- Experience working with utility asset information - particularly electric distribution
- Experience working with other systems including work and document management
- Understanding of data management and quality principles
Get the process started.
Click 'Apply' now.
Esri Gis (Software)
Complex Problem Solving
Attention To Detail
Loading some great jobs for you...