Executive Sous Chef
Compensation: $48,520.00 - $81,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Executive Sous Chef
Department Food & Beverage
Reports To Executive Chef
The Executive Sous Chef is the supporting force of the culinary vision of Gotham Bar and Grill. The Executive Sous Chef is the leading manager of the kitchen and culinary program. The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for working closely with the Executive Chef to deliver the highest quality food and service at all times. The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the execution of all culinary operational procedures.
- To uphold the Gotham Bar and Grill Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to Gotham Bar and Grill s company policies and procedures, as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Treat every employee, guest, partner and vendor with respect and dignity.
- Ensure that the team is on time and in position.
- Effectively communicates with the team, utilizes constant verbal communication to motivate.
- Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and organization are always maintained in the kitchen, without exception. All sanitation and health department codes and company checklists must be followed.
- Oversee kitchen safety.
- Oversee daily and detail kitchen cleaning checklists.
- Ensure that the kitchen is properly equipped, and everything is working properly.
- Ensure the proper execution of all recipes.
- Ensure proper and timely execution of food (accurate plating, hot food hot and cold food cold). Ensuring all food is served within the allotted time frame. Expedite when necessary.
- Oversee the sourcing of product. Ensures the purchase of the best quality ingredients, the proper spec and the right price.
- Ensure that all health department and company policies and procedures for receiving, storage and rotation are being followed.
- Follow all Gotham Bar and Grill guidelines for daily operating procedures.
- Follows production and ordering systems and updates pars in accordance with current business levels. Prioritize production every shift. Check production for next day, be proactive.
- Follow all company policies and procedures for inventory controls.
- Follow all company policies and procedures for budgeting and reporting.
- Oversee the Butchering by maintaining product quality and appropriate yields.
- Oversee Family Meal planning and production.
- Accurately plan menu s, prepare recipes and determine related costs. Works on new dishes when time allows.
- Oversee yield tests (being done daily and accurately).
- Ensure proper staffing and schedules per business levels. Adjust where necessary to run an efficient operation.
- Ensure daily line up of culinary team.
- Achieve success in reaching budgeted targets for payroll, food and other controllable expenses.
- Leads by example, mentors and develops all Junior Chefs and all culinary staff.
- Execute employee evaluations and monitor pay rates, raises and promotions.
- Document and file culinary staff warnings, suspensions and terminations.
- Trains and educates front of house staff on menu items.
- Follow directions given by Executive Chef.
- Perform other job-related activities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Displays leadership and can motivate staff members. Must maintain a high level of integrity. Can adapt in difficult situations, can solve problems and make decisions when necessary. Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn. Can be relied upon to complete tasks. Must possess the ability to communicate via written and oral communication with the culinary team and customers alike. Must be able to present critical information and data to the executive team in confidence and in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
Food Handler s Permit is necessary. Culinary degree and five (5) years of related work experience required.
More detail about Gotham Bar and Grill, please visit
Associated topics: chef, commercial, commercial kitchen, corporate, corporate kitchen, culinary, executive, executive chef, pantry, salad chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...